We’re on the hunt for a new superstar 3D Designer. An animator, a motion designer. Someone who loves to work with space, movement, sound and colour. We’re a small team, and no two projects are the same, so you’ll always be involved, and have a huge variety in your work.
About Mighty Giant? We work across all types of animation, from broadcast through to B2B. As a senior, you’ll be expected to help us ideate and pitch ideas. An eye for design will be key. You’ll work with a small crew, so will be involved in projects from start to finish, and on all sorts of different briefs. One week you could be bouncing 3D characters around for kids TV, the next you could be helping us build factories for our B2B client.
Duties and Responsibilities
The 3D Designer role is primarily to create 3D animation & design, executed to the highest level of finish that is achievable. You will be expected to oversee 3D projects, but also help on some more After Effects/Motion pieces if required.
- You’ll need to demonstrate creative thinking, and be keen to throw in ideas for projects. The execution is crucial, however design work will also be required, both to assist in pitches, but also during production.
- Compositing & After Effects: As well as the primary 3D design work the 3D Designer needs to have a good grasp of compositing in After Effects to assist with the workflow.
- Help the company to progress with technology: Our 3D Designer should be the person who keeps their ear to the ground as to what is new and exciting in this field. Both in what we should be investing in, but also what we should be trying. New tips and tricks.
- To contribute to the Mighty Giant social channels with any relevant stories or advice for other designers; and also to contribute towards the company website in this manner. One or two short articles per year on this area of design.
- To be able to work both as part of a team, and without supervision. As a small company it’s important to be comfortable with both. You will be expected to run certain projects, and to direct others who will be working with you.
- Equally you’ll need to be able to work to the direction of our Lead Designer and/or Creative Director. Every project is different, and so are the roles. Being flexible will help this person settle into the company.
- General help in the office. As part of the team it’s important to keep the area looking professional and to help with general tasks: Making the tea/coffee, keeping it tidy, but also keeping it secure. Whoever is the first or last in needs to take on the responsibility of opening up in the morning, or closing up at night.
- Maxon Cinema 4D & Redshift are our tools. You’ll need to be highly skilled in these, as we’ll be turning to this person for the answers.
- Adobe After Effects will also be heavily used, so you’ll have to be top speed on this, and be up to date with all the latest plug-ins and techniques.
- Design skills are key. You’ll need to have a portfolio that demonstrates an eye for composition and colour.
A bonus, but not essential.
- Any other 3D Software. Maya, Blender etc, are all handy.
- Knowledge of working with Unreal.
- Editing is always a good one to have. Premiere or similar.
- BA Hons Degree in a Design or Animation subject.
- A minimum of 4 years working in a Design/Animation environment.
- Experience of managing Juniors and other team members on a project will be required.
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Birthday off (if you want to. You’re allowed in if you’d prefer :)).
- Office closed over Christmas.
- Pension scheme.
- Salary £30K–£40K per annum, negotiable dependent on experience.
Apply for this role